Friday 21 November 2014

After affect Project

Apologies for being inactive for the past few weeks.

So as the title suggests I had a project that had something to do with after effects.

For the project we had to do a 30second pitch for a local charity.
I chose Macmillan Cancer support as alot of people see Macmillan as just nurses but they do alot more than that and so i wanted to outline what they do and what people can do to support them. 

Monday 20 October 2014

Flash Project

Flash project !!!!

Sorry for the lack of activity but I am back doing my final year of university.

So for my new first project I had to create a Google Doodle using Flash.
At first I was like 'no i am not going to use flash' but a few tutorials and tests later me and Flash have been getting along just fine.

My Idea for the Google Doodle was a to have a Halloween themed doodle. 

This was my idea for the google doodle. 
I did a redesign of the G where it was more blocky and less sock like. 

 Here is the Finished Google doodle. I did have some trouble with the doodle itself where if you didn't click on the broom none of the animations would work so I had to scrap that idea

Friday 9 May 2014

Call the Midwife - Title Sequence Animatic

For the other half of my project I had to create a pitch animatic for a title sequence.... It took me a while to get my head around what I wanted to do but after speaking to Nikki I thought that I would redo the title sequence for Call the Midwife 

Thursday 1 May 2014


Apologies for the absence on here .... been busy with the design project work

 For my Major project I had to collaborate with some 2d animators in my class.

So I was approached by Julia and Jason and was given the task of doing some of there backgrounds

Friday 21 March 2014

Major Project - TV Show Redesign

So as I said before... I'm redesigning the characters of call the midwife 

and so here are some designs that I have done and currently working on 

  These are some initial designs that I did at the beginning of the project and as I drew them all I thought .... 'these look boring' and another thought popped into my head 'why not make them into dolls?' and so that's where these little designs came from 

Monday 17 March 2014

2nd Year Final Major Porject SNEAK PEEK!


This is just a sneaky peek on what I'm doing for my Final Major Project.
I have told some people what I'm doing for this project but for those who don't here's a little peek.

Thursday 6 March 2014

Week 4 challenge

Week 4 challenge 

For this challenge I had to drop my characters into a photograph that I took myself but the brief was slightly confusing because one tutor was saying one thing and a tutor was saying another. 

Week 3 challenge

Week 3 Challenge 

For this challenge I had to go to the museum and chose some objects that I wanted to make into character. After about 3 visits to the museum I chose what object I wanted to make into a character.

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Week 2 Project challenge

For my second challenge I had 6 theme's where I had to draw 12 drawings for each them.
Six of them I had to draw six of them from my imagination and another six from reference.







Household Items 

Friday 21 February 2014

Week Challenge 1

Week Challenges 

For my next project I had to do a challenge a week over 4 weeks 

For the first week I had to find 2 outfits or costumes and design a character to them 


Monday 27 January 2014

Illustrator Project

For the other half of our Backgrounds project we had to create a background in Illustrator 

For a start I had no clue how to use Illustrator so before I began designing the backgrounds , Matt our tutor gave us a little crash course.
 After that I did some really quick concepts and in the end I chose a underwater landscape .
To be honest I thought Illustrator would be a nightmare to use but it proved me wrong and I quite enjoyed using it.

So here is the end result 

Friday 24 January 2014

Photoshop Project

For this project got given a background in which we had to paint up in photoshop. Photoshop is not my strong point so I was quite reluctant to use it but I bit the bullet and started the project. As I carried on doing the project I became more familiar with the software and was more comfortable using it 

Major Project

The Major project course work was quite a fun project 
the only downside of it was that I had to send my laptop in which caused me to fall back a bit on some of the work 

For the project the art strand people had to design another character that went with the child's character from the previous project and also create a story which was in the form of either a pitch or a comic and I chose a pitch